Monday 17 September 2012

Rabindra Sarobar

Today morning the weather seemed tempting for a calm morning walk by the lake. Since my man is not home, felt a bit hesitant but later made up my mind and set out for the venture. The weather was wetty because of the heavy downpour yesterday and also it looked as if it was drizzling the whole night. There was less traffic- may be because of the early hour/ may be people were enjoying the weekend sleeping late/ may be feeling lazy to get out in such a wetty weather. But I enjoyed the solitary walk to the fullest.

The lake is at a distance of 15 mins walk from our home. It is called the Rabindra Sarobar. It only takes one to have the courage to take the brave decision of crossing the gate of the lake. Once it is done he/she is bound to get boosted with the conscience of physical wellness. I entered the gate huffing and puffing and as I entered I felt I made the big mistake of not carrying the camera with me. Still I had my mobile. So thought that something is better than nothing and clicked a few pictures to share with you all.


This is a view from the gate inside the lake area. It has two roads by the side of the lake. One is this and the other one is made of brick on the left side. Inside this lake premise no vehicles are allowed. So, a stretch of not less than five kilometers honk free area amidst greenery welcomes everyone.


This one is the bricked lane by the lake on the left side..






These photographs were taken from the eastern side of the lake. Had it been taken from the other side of the lake which is more beautiful than this I had to walk another 20 mins which I was not in a position to, as I had to return home, that too walking. Will come up with more pics from the western bank some other time. 

 

The above two are the pictures of an island on the lake where lots of migratory birds come.


 
Moving a few meters forward I saw a few local boys engrossed in a game of football in the muddy field. There are three more such fields here.


There are two rowing clubs on the bank of the lake - The Bengal Rowing Club and the Calcutta Rowing Club.


Rowers busy rowing.


Rowers listening to their coach on the bank.


A tree that has dried up completely stood as the odd one out of all the otherwise green trees.


This is the bridge that flies over the lake and the adjacent railway track and moves towards my home.


Me almost taking pictures standing on the middle of the road minus traffic which on usual time takes more than 10 mins to cross it.

Returned home after the walk, fully content of the mind and the soul and completely drenched with sweat which helps control my sugar level and my blood pressure.  Concluding on a happy note that all days are not the same. Thank God!

40 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. You needed this relaxation after your unpleasant day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely captures and a very pleasant way to keep fit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Deepak its a pleasant way but good deeds always takes time to be a part of life..:D

      Delete
  3. awesome captures ,i love morning time too ,but damn lazy to wake up .......must say you have captured nature at its best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine I am not taking the advantage of being near such a wonderful place only because of laziness..:D..so most of us are just like you..:P

      Delete
  4. Very rightly said that all days are not same. Good as well as the challenging days are sprinkled in. Lets be grateful to God for all the good days he is giving us.

    Nice to see some boys still playing football in the rains. Hope India bounces back in terms of its quality of football. Nice to see some people rowing as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words..and as far as football is concerned Kolkata always amazes me..morning and evening I always find boys playing football which is very rare at least at my home town Guwahati..and I will upload the pic of the other part of the park where you will be surprised to see the no. of morning walkers..and its very good to see that more and more people are becoming health conscious..

      Delete
  5. It looks a nice place to walk, Ranita. It's good to get out early before the day is spoiled by crowds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Valeri you rightly said, and that too at a over populated country like ours..:D

      Delete
  6. On reading your post and seeing the beautiful pictures, I can recall my unforgettable days in Calcutta for 5 years during 1977 to 1982.I was staying in a house near Jatin das road near triangle park in Ballygunge and Rabindra sarober lake was within walk able distance. I can never forget the lovely city of Calcutta and its nice people who love their literature,arts and culture.

    Thanks for sharing your experience and the lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to know about it..The place you stayed is the most beautiful and greener part of Kolkata..and the beauty and serenity of Rabindra Sarobar is just mesmerizing..and the love of the people of kolkata towards their culture taught me to love my own culture..it is home away home for me..Thanks..

      Delete
  7. b'ful ! lovely ! how I wish I was out there instead of sitting here ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once here I bet you will fall in love with it..:)

      Delete
  8. I love BRC, food and ambiance both. But i am a non veg, lol
    Loved all the pictures, have never been inside Sarovar. Should go there, your pictures are so beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ghazala..you have never been inside Sarovar and me never inside BRC..:D But heard a lot about BRC food and ambiance..

      Delete
  9. Just now I wrote a comment and it vanished...anyway, let me try once again.
    A beautiuful blog, the roads look familiar, so enjoyed the album.The waters are as placid and the environs as calm as ever, despite all the political commotion...
    Thanks for sharing, Ranita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days many unusual things are happening with google and also the political sphere..but thank you Panchalidi for visiting and liking..

      Delete
  10. I'm sure that was a refreshing walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely walk you took us on. I enjoyed all these photos very much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for taking us along on your beautiful walk, Ranita. You live in such a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay..yes, I do stay in a very green surrounding..and I love this place a lot..

      Delete
  13. ..lovely post..beautiful pics:) thoroughly enjoyed:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You took me to this beautiful place...I would have lost to my thoughts. Well written, aur thoda hona chahiye tha...I love reading long post. :) - Anonyel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rthanks Anonyel for moving along with me in this beautiful place..it is indeed a place where one will forget oneself..

      And regarding long posts sayeed mental block hai ki lamba post likh nahi sakte and padna pare toh bhi daar lagta hai..still may be some day I will be able to satisfy you..;)

      Delete
  15. Beautiful place and you had a beautiful day for yourself.:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice place for clicking, Guess u made good use of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I don't think that I made good use of the place..the place is so beautiful that I am sure a real photographer would be able to do wonder with his lens..

      Delete
  17. Thanks for sharing beautiful pictures and precious first-hand information.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice to read your post and thanks a lot for beautiful pics. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I welcome you very warmly.
    Very beautiful and nice place.
    Great blog. Fantastic photos.
    I am delighted.
    I send greetings from distant Polish.
    Lucja

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Time Flies

Its been too long since I haven't been posting. But, recently while I was out of town for a couple of months, my daughter started her YO...